Monday, August 21, 2006

Little annoying girl

A little girl named Chantal has been living in a house less than four feet away from us for the last few days.

She screeches when she is upset, which is quite often. She comes knocking on our door all the time, looking for Jenni´s poor tomrented cat. She also throws things on me when I´m trying to sleep.

I think she´s about three. I've tried to make friends, but it´s hard. She gets on everyone´s last nerve.

However, last night I decided to put her to work. I was on my little thermarest on the floor, writing. Chantal kept coming over, bending down, and peering into my face. Then she would yell something comepletely incomprehensible in my ear.

I picked up my pen, held it in front of her face.

What do you call this? I asked her in Spanish.

She told me. I repeated. I pointed to all the items that I could see in the room, slowly learning the Spanish names.

Finally, she got tired and wandered off. She ended up being a good teacher. I hope she taught me the right words.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home