Monday, August 21, 2006

The Teamsters

I’m thankful that I’m not here in Peru by myself! As fun as that would be, I’m happy to join a team of five other student missionaries, along with our fearless leader Jenni, who is between college and medical school.

John is my cousin from Maine who came to do construction at Km 38 and also work on any other various projects that come up. John plays tunes on a recorder during worships and entertains us with his large vocabulary.

Karen is a Filipino who is studying Communications at Andrews. She has sold Cutco knives for four summers and informs us that glass dulls a knife 22 times faster than other cutting surfaces. I’m so glad she’s here; we’ve shared a lot of bonding moments already! Karen will be involved in child evangelism and childcare for the Peruvian doctor’s three kids.

Alex is also here to do construction, along with maintenance and bee keeping. Alex is studying engineering at Andrews and has already become irreplaceable-- he can fix anything! Alex is happiest when there is a copious amount of garlic in the beans, or soup, or whatever.

Jackson hails from Tennessee where he’s a premed student at Southern. Jackson and I will be doing a lot of traveling with our mobile clinic, over the rivers and through the woods. He has actually been here in Peru for two months now and has been a patient tour guide for the rest of us newbies.

Anthony is from New Jersey and also goes to Southern. He’s a theology major who will be doing Bible work and evangelism with some of the local pastors. Anthony is usually the last one to get up in the morning.

1 Comments:

Blogger AA-ron BLOG said...

Ansley, I love your blog, I feel like im their with you and i know about the other sm's. We are almost done here at camp. Hope you have a wonderful experience. I look forward to hearing more of your experiences on your blog and in your emails.

8:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home