Monday, September 18, 2006

Wednesday

This week John and I had the honor of attending Wednesday night prayer meeting. I was tired that night and grumpier than I wish to admit, but Osvaldo was so excited for us to come that I couldn’t say no.

We walked to the tiny wooden Adventist church at the end of the lane. It doesn’t have electricity; we sat in the sanctuary and sang hymns by candlelight.

John banged out accompaniment on the dismal upright piano. Although I was expecting a larger gathering, it was just six of us; Jose, Osvaldo, the two little boys, John and I. When little Carlos sings he is always off key, but he bellows so energetically that I can’t help but beam at him. His cheerfulness is contagious.

After the singing Jose stood up at the pulpit and read a few Bible passages. He then called each of us by name and asked for prayer requests. We knelt down on the dirty cement and asked God to bless our families and keep our hearts safe in his hands.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home