Friday, November 10, 2006

Keeping house

This is the grubby but endearing town of Campo Verde, about a hour walk from our house in the jungle. This road was just paved in the past few months-the potholes used to be so big I could crawl in and hide. Several locals have told me that the current mayor paid for the road because elections are coming up next month, and he wants to be reelected.

This is my room out at the land, and the new bed John and I built last week. It doesn't look fancy, but after three months of sleeping on the cement, I'm glad to have gained some elevation.

I'm sweeping off our big table top in the main room of our house. That's my room behind me on the right, and the kitchen on the left.

3 Comments:

Blogger AA-ron BLOG said...

Ansly, I wish i was their. It looks amazing. Sounds like your having a great time. But I it seems like you get hurt and sick alot. Stay Alive ok

8:46 PM  
Blogger AA-ron BLOG said...

there, I always mess those ones up

8:47 PM  
Blogger Thrushsong said...

Ansley,

Thank you for the pictures. It's so nice to be able to associate visual images with your wonderful word pictures. Does a moto only have two wheels? I want one. How much do they cost and what would the shipping be back to the states. Could you please take pictures from all sides of one, I want to see how they're made. Also, are they geared down really low? (What's the top speed)

Thanks,

Ted

5:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home